Product – Stockholm
Do you want help develop the next-generation healthcare based on your cutting-edge analytics?
Doktor24 is built around data, and as an Data Scientist, you make data come alive. You will influence decisions made throughout the company and by our partners by providing first-quality data and analyses. Your work will be used to decide which product features to prioritise, to understand which marketing strategies work best, to help our doctors serve their patients better, and to help our clinic partners understand how things are going. If you are the right person, you will quickly get the opportunity to drive the development of our data science platform.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Drive. We are out to revolutionise the health care system, so we keep a high pace and think in days and weeks more often than months and years. You get things done, rather than talk about it.
- Problem-solving skills. You’re analytical and used to structuring analytical questions in a way that can be broken down and executed on. You would be expected to independently take a fuzzy real-world need (“so what are the biggest factors influencing patient queuing time?”), conduct the analysis, synthesise the insights and explain the result in layman terms.
- Analytics experience. You love big data sets and you have spent years ‘manually’ crafting SQL queries. You can explain the difference between an inner and an outer JOIN in your sleep. You have hands-on experiences with the big web analytics platforms, like Google Analytics and/or Mixpanel, as well as using tools such as Excel, SPSS, Python, R and/or Hadoop. It’s a plus if you know some statistics, but at the very least you are comfortable with correlation vs causation conversations, and good at thinking about which “lurking variables” could explain strange results.
- Culture and mindset. You are single handedly focused on helping internal and external customers make better decisions through your analyses and insights, and you view a constant stream of new analytical questions and many iterations as proof that your work is valuable. You take pride in the robustness of your analyses, but at the same time, you are a practical person who know that the first 20% of the work often takes you 80% of the way, and that’s good even for many purposes.
- Only applicants based in Stockholm will be considered.
What do we offer? You will have a key role at one of the most interesting health tech startups in Scandinavia. We’re unique in the approach we’re taking to bridging the gap between online doctor visits and the existing physical healthcare. We’ve very ambitious growth and internationalisation plans, and your work will bring value to 100,000s of patients soon. Today, a year after starting up, we’re a team of around 25 engineers, business people, doctors, UXers and others today (excluding our doctors who meet patients online), with a roughly 50/50 gender mix. We offer competitive compensation and an office in the middle of Stockholm, filled with fun colleagues. You would report to the Chief Product Officer, who is also Deputy CEO. You would come in at a time where you can really leave your mark on the organisation.